Trinity Classical Academy is a co-ed, college preparatory, independent liberal arts TK-12 school that teaches through the classical, Christian educational model. The school opened its doors in 2001 and has grown to a total enrollment of 540. The student/faculty ratio is 5:1 and the average class size is 15.
TCS has a state-of-the-art school facility located on the North Park Community Church campus. The campus boasts expansive classrooms and recreation areas and the school is moving forward to phase 2 of the campus which will include a gym and additional classrooms.
Their classical academic style, excellent faculty and enrichment opportunities, and their desire to serve their local community makes TCS a quality institution for any student looking to make the most of his or her educational goals.
TCS accepts international students grades 7-11.
- Demonstrate proficiency in speaking, writing and understanding English by scoring 60 or better on the TOEFL (or 4.0 on the iTEP SLATE) and participating in a phone interview with the Coordinator and willingness to travel to Trinity screenings and visit.
- Demonstrate an exemplary academic grade point average (transcripts translated into English).
- Demonstrate exemplary Christian character.
- Be committed to Trinity Classical Academy’s Mission and belief statements.
- Agree to reside with an English speaking parent or guardian. (Note: Trinity Classical Academy will provide assistance finding host homes, but does not guarantee, nor is Trinity Classical Academy responsible for placing international students with American families.)
- Trinity will consider international students in grade 7th-11th.
- Complete and submit an Application for Admission (with all required health/immunization records) and the required registration/application fees.
- Complete and submit Student Questionnaire along with academic records (copies of standardized tests, past 2 years and reports cards, past 2 years).
- Submit three personal references, one from each (Faculty, Administration and Pastoral).
- Academic screening and family phone interview (Skype) with Admissions Director, Mrs. Elizabeth Froemming and International Student Advisor, Mrs. Tammi Scimenes.
Application Fee: $125
Registration Fee: $500
*Students at TCS are required to wear uniforms.
Trinity offers a classical education which provides a clear, threefold mission:
- To help students master a carefully selected core of knowledge
- To teach and use the tools of learning
- To exhort students to seek what is true, good and beautiful.
TCS’s approach to classical education is known as the Trivium which consists of three states:
- Grammar, the fundamental rules and core knowledge of each subject
- Logic, the ordered and logical relationship of particulars in each subject
- Rhetoric, how the grammar and logic of each subject may be clearly communicated with the Trivium as its framework.
Classical education is also characterized by rich exposure to the history, literature, and culture of Western Civilizations. Students are immersed in the “Great Books “reading fewer “textbooks” in favor of more original sources of Western Civilization. Latin in particular, is the core of academic studies.
AP classes offered:
- Environmental Science
- Language & Composition
College credit classes include:
- US History
- British Literature
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Spanish III
- Western Political Thought
- Government / Apologetics
- Senior Thesis
Trinity has an excellent athletics program, offering the following sports:
- Cross Country
- Track and Field
TCS also offers a wide range of fine arts groups and extracurricular clubs and activities:
- Jazz band
- Sculpture and animation
- Chess club
- Mock trial
- National Honors Society
- Science Olympiad