Top 10 Reasons Why Parents Choose St. Pius X – St. Matthias Academy
Choosing to join the PMA family may very well be one of the best decisions you’ll ever make for your son or daughter. Here are 10 reasons to make PMA your high school of choice:
- Spiritual growth is part of everything we do and is fostered by weekly morning Mass, school wide Mass and adoration, regular opportunities for confession.
- Service is a large component in building character of our students.
- PMA is fully accredited by the Western Association of Schools & Colleges and the Western Catholic Educational Association.
- Support from the generosity and activity of our Benefactors and Alumni.
- PMA faculty are highly educated and experienced professionals.
- PMA provides academic and college counseling all four years, focusing on not only getting into college, but thriving and graduating from a prestigious college or university.
- 100% percent of all graduates attend higher education.
- Advanced Placement and Honors Courses are available to prepare your son or daughter for acceptance into the finest universities in the country and abroad.
- PMA community has a charism that is unique and vibrant.
- Administrators and teachers are attentive and work with parents as partners in education, recognizing that parents are the primary educators of their children.
Top 10 Reasons Why Students Choose St. Pius X – St. Matthias Academy
St. Pius X – St. Matthias Academy provides its students priceless academic, social and spiritual experiences.
- We offer campus activities that include 8 varsity sports, 8 plus clubs, all-school dances, class retreats, frequent pep rallies, and more.
- Our passionate, caring faculty demonstrate genuine care for each student.
- The community of students are welcoming, you can say that we are “Family.”
- There are numerous Advanced Placement and Honors courses offered for all grade levels.
- Challenging courses that teach me to think and learn in a way that benefits my growth as a Servant Leader.
- Elective offerings are engaging and include digital photography, theater, band and instrumental music courses, multiple choir ensembles, environmental club and more.
- Skilled guidance counselors provide course selection advice, college planning and career discernment services.
- The state-of-the-art facilities include upgraded classrooms, wireless internet and Information Technology help desk, indoor and outdoor break and lunch areas.
- Opportunities abound to grow academically, physically, and spiritually in a small and intimate environment that encourages exploration.
- Retreats that really build a relationship with Christ, and is supported by the community.
Academic excellence is the pursuit of knowledge and skills that will help every student succeed in college and in their desired career paths to success. Our WCEA accredited academic program is designed to prepare students for the 21st century economy while instilling core values and skills of honesty, integrity, determination, and grit.
As a college preparatory school, the program is designed to be rigorous and relevant. Teachers are trained on the tenets of the 21st century learning framework of the 4Cs: Communication, Creativity, Collaboration, and Critical Thinking. Our culturally responsive pedagogy enables teachers to engage learners to ensure that all students learn at high levels.
- Student Teacher Ration: 14 to 1
- Average class size is 17-24 students
- Faculty possess bachelors degrees in their academic discipline
- Faculty have masters degrees or credentials or both
- Professional Learning Communities: Our faculty works as a professional learning community with teachers working together to discuss curriculum and effective instructional delivery.
- Professional Development: Faculty are sent to different PDs for their fields such as STEM Learning, ADLA Core Instructional Practices, Gilder Lehman Literacy (Social Science Teachers) and AP Instruction courses.
- In House Professional Development: Makerspace Labs by T4T.org, Steverson & Associates Learning Professional Development, Google Apps for Education
- Our Schedule spans all 6 classes on Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays (55 minute courses) with Block schedule on Wednesdays and Thursdays (75 minute courses)