Grace Brethren School
Located in Simi Valley in beautiful Southern California, Grace Brethren School offers a comprehensive college prep academic, arts and athletics curriculum including biblical training all from a Christian worldview grades 9-12.
Grace Brethren School is a dually accredited institution and a member of the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) and Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
- Grace Brethren School offers a robust I-20 program. The school currently has students from Brazil, China, Japan, Korea, Tonga and Vietnam. All students are integrated into the whole academic program including Bible classes and weekly chapels. Teachers offer free, limited tutoring after school in all subjects.
- 50% of the faculty hold an advanced degree.
- Student/Teacher ratio is 16:1.
- Alumni have gone on to study at prestigious universities such as UCLA, UC Berkeley, USC, Stanford, Boston University, and Cornell.
100% of graduates meet or exceeded University of California (UC) or California State (CSU) acceptance requirements.
Grace Brethren offers rigorous college prep curriculum, with 100% of their graduates able to meet the University of California or California State acceptance requirements.
12th Grade students must successfully complete the following credits to receive a diploma from GBS: Bible (40), English (40), Mathematics (30), Social Sciences (35), Science (30), Foreign Language (20), PE (10), Visual Performing Art (10), Expository Composition (5) and Critical Thinking & Composition (5), Elective Units (45). A total of 270 units with a minimum grade point average of 2.0 is needed to graduate.
- Calculus AB
- Calculus B
- Language and Composition
- Literature and Composition
- US History
- European History
- Government and Politics
- Computer Science,
- Studio Art Drawing
- Studio Art 2D
Honors classes offered across most subjects – English, math, science, foreign language
Grace Brethren competes within the Tri-County Athletic Association(TCAA). The TCAA provides our athletes with a high level of competition and exposure of our athletes within Ventura County. With Grace Brethren’s unique position within the TCAA and its size, it offers the total package to any athlete at Grace Brethren.
- Girls Volleyball
- Cross Country
- Boys Basketball
- Boys Soccer
- Girls Basketball
- Girls Soccer
- Track and Field
Grace Brethren also offers a wide range of fine arts and extracurricular activities.
- Jazz Band
Extracurricular Clubs and Activities
- Championship Robotics teams – Grace Brethren often qualifies for the World Championships
- National Honors Society
- Historical studies trips to Washington, DC
- Other class trips and retreats
Requirements for admission include a 3.0 GPA and strong English skills. The preferred test is the iTEP SLATE with a 3.5 minimum score.