Coastal Christian School
Located in a brand-new facility on top of the beautiful hills of Pismo Beach, California, Coastal Christian School is a private K-12 school that has been serving its community for more than 40 years.
The mission of CCS is to partner with parents in preparing students to serve God in all of life by providing excellence in the spiritual, academic, social, and physical aspects of education. The students’ daily life includes everything from technology classes to competitive sports programs, and fine arts and music. CCS instills a humble service mentality by providing opportunities for students and staff to serve in the local community as well as across the globe with programs that help children in need. Coastal Christian firmly believes that the total learning experience must be rooted not just in rigorous academics, but also in the development of technological skills and analytical thinking.
- Fully accredited through the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC). CCS also maintains professional membership in the Association of Christian School International (ACSI).
- Intimate class sizes with a quality learning environment
- Over 90% college acceptance rate
- On average over the last 5 years, CCS scored on every subject better than 75% of all the students in the nation. This means that half of CCS students score between the 76th and 99th percentile.
- The CCS high school program is based on a college preparatory curriculum. Students are prepared to meet the entrance requirements to all private universities and the California State University system, with the vast majority of CCS courses meeting the requirements for University of California admission.
- CCS believes that technology plays an important and exciting role in the education process. Teachers are regularly educated on the most up-to-date technology resources to enable in-class interactive instruction, student collaboration, hands-on learning, and the ability to go global.
- In addition to the rigorous academic program, students participate in the following ACSI sponsored academic competitions: Spelling Bee, Math Olympics, Speech Meet, and Art Festival.
Coastal Christian School holds that athletics offer student athletes more than just the opportunity to simply learn a sport. Participation in a team environment uniquely develops young people in ways not accomplished by any other means.
Coastal Christian School is a member of the CIF Southern Section and the Coast Valley League. Over the years CCS teams have consistently finished well in league play and have been able to advance to the CIF playoffs. Volleyball has made it to CIF finals five times in the last 13 years.
- Girls Volleyball
- Boys and Girls Basketball
- Boys Baseball
- Girls Softball
- Boys and Girls Soccer
- Girls Tennis
- Girls Field Hockey
- Track and Field
- Cross Country
Additionally, many club sports are offered near the school including swimming, soccer, and more!
Coastal Christian also offers many extracurricular clubs and activities:
- All secondary students participate in the annual Spiritual Emphasis Camp, which takes place in the fall at Lopez Canyon Conference Center. Students also attend a weekly chapel service that includes a worship time and a speaker. Field trips, athletics, choir, student government and other student activities are part of secondary life at CCS. Every other year, our 8th and 9th grade students go on an educational trip to Washington D.C., while a trip to Europe is available for our 11th and 12th grade students on alternating years.
- CCS has many programs and clubs to participate in including: art, science and technology fairs, rotary, creative writing, worship and more!
- Additionally, students can sign up for after school classes through the School of Arts and Enrichment. Students are engaged in artistic activities such as musical theater, beginning guitar lessons, drawing, and many more.
|Campus Size:||27 Acres|
|AP/Honors Courses:||4 on campus and over 30 with partnership college|
|Sports Team:||5 and more clubs offered next to school|
SAT Average Scores:
|School Type:||Private co-ed|