Buchanan High School
Buchanan High School is a comprehensive four-year high school enrolling 2531 students in grades nine through twelve. The school opened in the Fall of 1991 and graduated its first senior class in the Spring of 1995. Buchanan High School is accredited by The Western Association of Schools and Colleges, and holds memberships in The College Board and the National Association for College Admission Counseling. Buchanan High School is recognized as a National Blue Ribbon School and a California Distinguished School.
- All students can learn.
- Education is a journey of continuous improvement involving the school, the family, and the community.
- Preparation, work ethic and accountability promote achievement.
- Public responsibility and citizenship promote unity.
- Together we succeed…it’s people not programs
Expected School wide learning results
- Understand how to connect their knowledge to the global community.
- Utilize their skills as critical and creative thinkers to succeed in any post secondary environment.
- Practice a work ethic which allows them to manage time and set goals toward the future.
- Make healthy lifestyle choices and contribute to their community.
Size: 160 acres
Year Established: 1991
Facilities: Gymnasiums, Athletic Fields, Sports Complex, Stadium, Science Labs, Computer Lab, Library, Cafeteria, Kitchen, Locker Rooms & Pool
Awards and Achievements:
• National Blue Ribbon School
• California Distinguished School
• California Exemplary School Award in Physical Education & Health Education
• California Athletic High School of the Year
• Clovis Unified CLASSI Award
• California State Championships
• California Interscholastic Federation (CIF) Championships
• League Supremacy Titles
• CA excellence in education
California State Championships – 5
California Interscholastic Federation (CIF) Championships – 60
League Supremacy Titles
Advanced Placement (AP) Courses
Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Chemistry, Chinese Language, English Composition, English Literature, Environmental Science, French Language, Macroeconomics, Music Theory, Physics C, Psychology, Spanish Language, Statistics, U.S. Government, U.S. History, World History,
Honors courses are offered in the subjects of English, Mathematics and Science
Special programs include accelerated placement, work experience, college courses without credit, bilingual education, and special education.
College Attendance History
The following college list indicates those Institutions attended by Buchanan High School graduates over the last four years:
Abilene Christian University
Arizona State University
Brigham Young University
California Polytechnic University, Pomona
California Polytechnic University, San Luis Obispo
California State University, Fresno
Fresno Pacific University
Harvey S. Mudd College
Kansas State University
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Minnesota State University
New York University
Ohio State University
Oregon State University
United States Air Force Academy
University of California, Berkeley
University of California, Davis
University of California, San Diego
University of California, Santa Barbara
University of California, Irvine
University of California, Los Angeles
University of Connecticut
University of Michigan
University of the Pacific
University of Southern California
- Varsity Cross Country
- Varsity/Junior Varsity/Freshman Football
- Girl’s Varsity and Junior Varsity Golf
- Girl’s Varsity and Junior Varsity Tennis
- Girl’s Varsity/Junior Varsity/Freshman Volleyball
- Girl’s Varsity and Junior Varsity Water Polo
- Boy’s Varsity and Junior Varsity Water Polo
- Boy’s Varsity/Junior Varsity/Freshman Basketball
- Girl’s Varsity/Junior Varsity/Freshman Basketball
- Boy’s Varsity/Junior Varsity/Freshman Soccer
- Girl’s Varsity/Junior Varsity/Freshman Soccer
- Boy’s Varsity/Junior Varsity/Freshman Baseball
- Boy’s Varsity and Junior Varsity Golf
- Girl’s Varsity/Junior Varsity/Freshman Softball
- Swim and Diving
- Boy’s Varsity and Junior Varsity Tennis
- Boy’s Varsity/Junior Varsity/Freshman Volleyball
Buchanan was awarded “California Athletic High School of the Year” in 05-06. The Bears received “Special Mention State School of the Year” by CalHiSports for their athletic success in 07-08 and 08- 09. The Bears wrestling team was State Champions in the 2005-2006 season. The Bears Baseball Team was awarded the Powerade Fab50 National Champions title for the 2010-2011 season. The Men’s Volleyball team were Maxpreps Top-Ranked team in CA in 2011. Buchanan High school won the national, state and valley championships for baseball in 2011.