Shell Beach, CA
Salary: $50,000.00 to $70,000.00 /year
Promote, work, and act in a manner consistent with the mission of Cape Cod Eatery and Tap House. Our goal is to create a fun and lively outdoor atmosphere where you can enjoy a variety of our New England style and California Cuisine. Some of our specialties include fresh North Atlantic Lobster Rolls, Clam Fritters, Cod-fish and chips, Fried seafood baskets, New England Clam Chowders, delicious sandwiches and salads. Cape Cod also offers make it yourself S’more kits for our outdoor fire pits. Cape Cod also offers a variety kids options so the whole family can enjoy.
- Ensure that all restaurant policies, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines, and training programs are followed and completed on a timely basis.
- Monitor compliance with health and fire regulations regarding food preparation and serving, and building maintenance.
- Achieve company objectives in sales, service, quality, appearance of facility and sanitation and cleanliness through training of employees and creating a positive, productive working environment.
- Monitor food preparation methods, portion sizes, and garnishing and presentation of food to ensure that food is prepared and presented in an acceptable manner.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state, county and municipal regulations that pertain to health, safety and labor requirements of the restaurant, employees, and guests.
- Control cash and other receipts by adhering to cash handling and reconciliation procedures in accordance with restaurant policies and procedures.
- Count money and make bank deposits.
- Investigate and resolve complaints regarding food quality, service, or accommodations.
- Coordinate assignments of cooking personnel to ensure proper use of food and timely preparation.
- Ensure that all products are received in correct unit count and condition and deliveries are performed in accordance with the restaurant’s receiving policies and procedures.
- Review financial statements, sales or activity reports, or other performance data to measure productivity or goal achievement or to identify areas needing cost reduction or program improvement.
- Schedule and receive food and beverage deliveries, checking delivery contents to verify product quality and quantity.
- Monitor budgets and payroll records, and review financial transactions to ensure that expenditures are authorized and budgeted.
- Maintain food and equipment inventories, and keep inventory records.
- Schedule staff hours and assign duties.
- Uphold standards for personnel performance and customer service as per Cape Cod perfomance evaluations.
- Perform some food preparation or service tasks, such as cooking, clearing tables, and serving food and drinks
- Implement and uphold menus and food utilization, based on anticipated number of guests, nutritional value, palatability, popularity, and costs.
- Keep up to date records required by government agencies regarding sanitation or food subsidies.
- Perform pre shift and post shift meetings to evaluate problem areas and success within service
- Test cooked food by tasting and smelling it to ensure palatability and flavor conformity.
- Organize and direct worker training programs, resolve personnel problems, make hiring and termination decisions, and evaluate employee performance.
- Be knowledgeable of restaurant policies regarding personnel
- Administer prompt, fair and consistent corrective action for any and all violations of company policies, rules and procedures.
- Continually strive to develop staff in all areas of managerial and professional development.
- Order and purchase equipment and supplies as needed approved by owner discretion.
- Review work procedures and operational problems to determine ways to improve service, performance, or safety.
- Assess staffing needs and recruit staff.
- Arrange for equipment maintenance and repairs, and coordinate a variety of services, such as waste removal and pest control.
- Record the number, type, and cost of items sold to determine which items may be unpopular or less profitable.
- Review menus and analyze recipes to determine labor and overhead costs, and assign prices to menu items.
- Attend all scheduled employee meetings and offers suggestions for improvement.
- Coordinate with and assist fellow employees to meet guests’ needs and support the operation of the restaurant.
- Fill-in for fellow employees where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations.
- Monitor employee and guest activities to ensure I pour/alcohol regulations are obeyed.
- Schedule use of facilities or catering services for events such as banquets or receptions, and negotiate details of arrangements with clients.
- Develop, plan, and implement restaurant marketing, advertising and promotional activities and campaigns.
- Estimate food, liquor, wine, and other beverage consumption to anticipate amounts to be purchased or requisitioned from purveyors.
- Create specialty dishes and develop recipes to be used on off the menu boards or posts.
- Establish and enforce nutritional standards for dining establishments, based on accepted industry standards.
Required Operating Skills
o Cash registers
o Notebook computers
o Personal computers
o Point-of-sale terminals and workstations (Toast Point of Sale)
o Accounting software (Food Services Solutions Toast; Intuit QuickBooks)
o Analytical or scientific software (Toast POS)
o Calendar and scheduling software
o Electronic mail software (Microsoft Outlook/Excel)
o Financial analysis software (Quickbooks)
o Inventory management software
o Presentation software (Microsoft PowerPoint)
o Spreadsheet software (Microsoft Excel)
o Word processing software (Microsoft Word)